Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit not taken??!

David23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So i received notification today that my my bill was "over due" even though i have a direct debit set up with O2, They were due to take the money as of Wednesday the 1st of July, but didnt and are now saying i will be charged £3.50 for everyday its not paid. To add insult to injury i have been trying to contact them all day, i have been hung up on multiple times and they're not answering there messages. I dont want to pay via my O2 app incase the direct debit is suddenly taken and i am charged £60 for a declining service?! Any help would be Fantastic.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@David23

Have you spoken to your bank to check if there was a problem processing the direct debit, also be aware they can take the direct debit 3 days either side of the due date as per the terms of a direct debit.

You can call 202 from your handset or if / when an agent is available a pop up will appear for live chat on https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

All Call Centres are running at reduced capacity and staff are working from home, and they are trying to deal with as many calls as they can.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

David23
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven't no, as my Banking app is saying the direct debit is active, it leads me to believe the problem lies with O2, since this is day 3 of the bill not being taken, ive tried 4 different help lines today alone mulitple times, i did just tried that link and its taken me to the same number again, which keeps hanging up on me as my issue isnt a priority. Im confused as what todo now, thankyou for your speedy reply, as O2 help line, twitter, facebook, have all ignored me.

Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@David23

If you stay on the page i linked too, and if an agent is available a pop up for Live Chat will appear

Just because a Direct Debit shows as active doesnt mean it hasnt failed or had an issue, and for o2 to know its not been paid means your bank has sent a message back to o2.

I would speak to the bank just to be doubly sure.
Message 4 of 7

David23
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

It never appered unfortunatley, i think theyre chat service is shut due to the Pandemic - strikes me as odd as its an online service. My bank is closed for today so i will have to tackle this isssue tomorrow, thankyou for your help!

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
Live Chat is definitely open, ive'd used it myself, as have others.
Message 6 of 7

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Did you recently setup the direct debit?...When this is setup in needs to be done at least 10 working days before your payment date. It may be that if under this timeframe that it was not setup in time for your current bill cycle hence why it wasnt taken.
Message 7 of 7