cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit date NOT changed as requested

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called O2 last month to amend my Direct Debit date and this month they still attempted to take the money on the wrong date, this means i am now going to be charged by my bank! How can I change this and it actually change without having to wait to see if they do it again next month?!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can look in your My O2 as I think you can change it yourself in there under the "Bills" tab.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope no can do. 

Says..

"You can request to change your billing or payment date - give us a call or talk to us over Live Chat."

However the Live Chat option is a no go as they wont do it over Chat, and calling seemingly doesnt work either as they still tried on the old day 😞 

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How long ago did you change it?
You need to give plenty of time for the computers to update and if it was within a few days it may not go through in time for this month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly a month ago, I changed it after the first direct debit payment so that it would coincide with my pay date. Hence not knowing it had not changed until my bank contacted me today!

Surely a month is long enough, I work in finance its not that slow

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, it should be - I guess someone messed up 😞
I'm afraid you'll have to call again - Good luck !!

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to change the date 7 working days before it is due to take. If you did this then complain to customer service.

Make a written complaint here to try and get any charges refunded.

How to complain

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers slight_smile 

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I'm gonna do... cheers guys! slight_smile

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12