cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficult Situation with Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took out a contract of 24 months in my ex-boyfriends name. However it comes from my bank account. My contract is up on the 11th December and I'm looking to cancel it and take out a new contract in my own name. How do I cancel the contract and do I have to have the contract holder with me?

O2 stores are telling me different things. I just need an answer please.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The contract holder will need to give 30 days notice to end the contract otherwise it will just roll on month by month.

You can keep your number by transferring it onto the new account but you really both need to be there to transfer the account into your name if you upgrade.

If this isn't possible then he needs to close the account and migrate the number onto a P&G simcard which would be sent to the billing address. You can then open a new account using the P&G number.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also will I be able to keep the number I currently have?
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The contract holder will need to give 30 days notice to end the contract otherwise it will just roll on month by month.

You can keep your number by transferring it onto the new account but you really both need to be there to transfer the account into your name if you upgrade.

If this isn't possible then he needs to close the account and migrate the number onto a P&G simcard which would be sent to the billing address. You can then open a new account using the P&G number.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Jonsie.

Are you still able to cancel your contract a month in advance without a fee?
Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Jonsie.

Are you still able to cancel your contract a month in advance without a fee?

I don't think that was ever allowed, an early upgrade yes.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5