cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not ring number on my bill! 09030280096

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have just been on to a Guru about a series of calls to a 090 I did not make. I have been charged for these calls bringing my monthly bill higher than expected. O2 maintain that I made these calls but I can see on my phone's call log (not on the o2 billing app) that no call was received or made from this number.

I wouldn't do that anyway. Initially they said they would refund the money but then received a text saying no (also bizarre). 

What can I do about this? I did not make these calls yet am being charged for them!!

I have looked the number up online and this seems to be an ongoing problem from lots of different operators, especially sky

This is what phonepayplus says about them but note when I look this number up noone has made or received calls like this, they just show up on the bill.

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/about-us/number-checker/check-a-number-results 

Please tell me what I can do to get a refund and this sorted and blocked. 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous I agree. Have a read through this guide on premium rate scams You will find a link there to report to phonepayplus http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/m-p/968023/highlight/true#M112290

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you are convinced you did not call these numbers and are getting nowhere with customer services...then make a complaint via this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff thanks for the reply. Just been on to the call centre and have been credited some money. This does not solve the problem as I feel this is an instance of fraud.

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous I agree. Have a read through this guide on premium rate scams You will find a link there to report to phonepayplus http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/m-p/968023/highlight/true#M112290

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Have you reported this to PhonePayPlus or did you just look up the number? If you haven't reported it to them yet, you should.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Get the contact details off phonepayplus and call the company charging you for a refund.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I've had the same problem! 

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I've had the same problem! 

Then follow the advice given above @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Please follow the advice given in all good faith by people who give up their time to help customers. The advice on here can be much more likely to help rather than the sometimes (in my opinion ) unhelpful response from customer service. 

Message 9 of 9