Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device plan

Arthur2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you please explain what device contract is? I am on a Sim only contract and would have expected my " End Contract Pice" would have reduced each month but this does not seem to be the case. I do not understand why when the paynent for my device was completed at the end of my last contract. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Arthur2 

On a sim only contract you are just paying for a tariff you purchase and using that in your own phone. That tariff will remain unchanged through the length of the simo contract (unless you have a promotional offer of say 6 months reduced price).

A Refresh contract is paid in 2 parts. 1 part for for device, and the 2nd part for the airtime you use. When you pay off the device, you continue paying for the airtime, unless you upgrade

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

If you are on a Refresh contract and your device was paid off last month then you are probably still paying the airtime. I know you say you are on a sim only contract now, although I have to ask, did you upgrade to a sim only contract when your contract ended?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Arthur2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I upgraded to a sim only when my contract finished. I now pay a monthly price for the use of the phone which includes calls, texts etc so if I pay for those monthly, I do understand what the cost is which I have to pay to leave the contract? Maybe old age is affecting my logic!
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Arthur2 

If your contract ended that meant the device was paid off and yours to do what you want with it.

The fact you upgraded to a sim only contract is fine but you should not still be paying for the phone.

You need to contact Customer service and ask them to sort this out. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

If you read the guide I posted about Refresh you will understand it better.

O2's info on Refresh here

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/o2-refresh-explained 

Out of interest, how much are you paying monthly?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4