Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device plan settled

Chris6352
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took out the o2 contract with Carphone warehouse, my device plan is now settled but I am still being charged the same amount. Is this right ? I do not want a new phone at the moment, How do I switch to a sim only contract ? 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Chris6352 

Carphone warehouse do not sell refresh contracts so your device plan is never actually settled.

You just keep paying the standard monthly fee forever unless you change.

You can now chose any of the sim only deals and keep your current phone https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M 

Calling 202 and speaking to upgrades, once you've chosed your deal, will get you sorted.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 126081 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Hi @Chris6352 

You need to look in My O2 and see if you have the option to UPGRADE to Sim Only

simo upgrade.PNG

If so, choose the sim only tariff you want. Once this is done it will end your current contract and start your sim only.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 126081 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Chris6352 

Just to add, if you don't see this option, then you need to contact O2

All numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Try the number ending 4005

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Chris6352
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you but I only get offered phones or tablets and not sims.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Chris6352 

Carphone warehouse do not sell refresh contracts so your device plan is never actually settled.

You just keep paying the standard monthly fee forever unless you change.

You can now chose any of the sim only deals and keep your current phone https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M 

Calling 202 and speaking to upgrades, once you've chosed your deal, will get you sorted.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 126081 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Chris6352 wrote:
Thank you but I only get offered phones or tablets and not sims.

That's annoying @Chris6352 

Then you will have to call. All the numbers in my first post should be able to help.

As I said, the one ending 4005 has the highest success rate of getting through to an advisor.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Chris6352
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you x
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
You're welcome
Message 8 of 8