cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device plan overcharged

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently been overcharged on my device plan contract.

As most know, pay monthly charges are often split into device plan charges and airtime charges. The point is that the device plan is set from the outset - so 24 monthly charges of £15 and then it ends and the phone is paid for. This is the simplest possible task to get right. Every other company I deal with can stop plan charges on time - water rates, insurance premiums, anything I buy and pay over a fixed period. Live chat told me that I had to cancel my device plan charges myself - which is clearly ridiculous. The call centre said it was a one off system glitch - but as we know systems don't make one-off errors - they make systemic errors.

Does anyone else have experience of this - if o2 can't get this simple task right for me, how many other people has it overcharged who have not checked their bank details.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124293 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

If you are having problems being overcharged then avoid live chat. I would advise you speak to someone in customer services again asap http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you have been overcharged you will be eligible for a refund..

It is annoying but yes it can be a system glitch as you were told...not what anyone wants to hear but it does happen slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 124293 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

If you are having problems being overcharged then avoid live chat. I would advise you speak to someone in customer services again asap http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you have been overcharged you will be eligible for a refund..

It is annoying but yes it can be a system glitch as you were told...not what anyone wants to hear but it does happen slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hi there,

Call 202 immediately and speak to a customer service agent. Tell them everything you've said here, and demand your refund.. I'd even push for an extra goodwill credit for the inconvenience

Do pop back and let us know how you fare.

Charlie.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 147070 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Payments and amounts owned can be found in your My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93331 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Check the amount in my O2 as you have the option to pay off the device there without needing to speak to anyone or use the inadequately trained live chat people.

Message 5 of 5