cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Plan query

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a device plan payment to show on your account?

My last direct debit payment was taken on 24th but my account is still showing that the settlement amount is the amount of the last payment.

I would like to upgrade and don't want to overpay on the device plan.

Any help is much appreciated slight_smile

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144599 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
The device plan part updates when the bill is generated, so yours updated 2 weeks ago. It takes into account the payment you are about to make when you pay the bill so it will next update in 2 weeks time when the next bill is generated.
What it shows now is what you have to pay.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a device plan payment to show on your account?

My last direct debit payment was taken on 24th but my account is still showing that the settlement amount is the amount of the last payment.

I would like to upgrade and don't want to overpay on the device plan.

Any help is much appreciated slight_smile

Usually within 24 hours but call cs if you really need to on 202

Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123063 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

To make absolutely sure you should be contacting customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

MI5
  • 144599 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
The device plan part updates when the bill is generated, so yours updated 2 weeks ago. It takes into account the payment you are about to make when you pay the bill so it will next update in 2 weeks time when the next bill is generated.
What it shows now is what you have to pay.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you!
Message 5 of 24

MI5
  • 144599 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@Anonymous please see my answer above

Currently using:
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

If that was the case wouldn't it also have payment due date in that area on myO2 for the device plan? Mine just has a dash (-) in that part.

I've checked the repayment schedule also and the last payment showing on there is 25th Jan.

I'll just give CS a call to make sure everything has gone smoothly with my payment.

Message 7 of 24

MI5
  • 144599 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Let us know what they say.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Payments take 24hrs to show but as MI5 said, the settlment amount won't change until your next bill is generated.
Message 9 of 24

MI5
  • 144599 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Similar question raised here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-i-been-overcharged-for-my-device-plan/m-p/9...

Currently using:
Message 10 of 24