cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Plan got renewed after successful insurance claim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

Just a quick question. I have tried looking online for similar issues, but could not find anything close.

I had my device plan ending January 2018. Though after a successful insurance claim, the device plan was renewed for another two years.

Now, this is quite a surprise for me, as I was not notified about this, and frankly would have denied the claim if I knew, as I need to pay another £600 for a phone. 

The questions are - is this standard with all insurance claims, and if anyone had had similar issues? Any tips going forward?

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No, that shouldn't happen at all. Someone has messed up.
Call customer service to get it fixed and if they can't, raise a complaint.
All contact and complaint details on link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You need to call them to get this sorted out. An insurance claim should have no bearing on the length of your existing contract at all. Please let us know how you get on when you speak to them. I'm not even sure how a massive mistake like this could happen in the first place. 

Message 3 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous! Sounds strange, sorry to hear about this! pensive I'm going to send you a quick PM (private message) to get a few additional details to see if we can help in any way.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can a claim get a contract renewed? 

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It can't.
It's an error.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone’s made a big error 

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
For sure.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'd love to know how someone could make such a monumental error but I bet it takes a lot of sorting out. 

Message 9 of 9