Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Plan Payoff

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Anyone know why O2 won't allow you to make payments to your device plan online? (as in to make additional payments, or to pay it off?) the only option I can see to pay it off is via the upgrade route...

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Makes sense that you can only make an overpayment on or after the date that your bill falls due, @jezza1234.
Message 11 of 22

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
To confirm, having tried also, you cannot make overpayments online for your device plan.

You can make overpayments to airtime plans, but when it comes to the device plan you can make a single payment once the bill has been produced (and payment not taken) and this amount can only be up to the amount due.

Once your bill has been produced and payment taken you cannot make any more payments to the device plan.
Message 12 of 22

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
See? I do not speak with forked tongue 😂😂
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been able to do it before so I do know what I’m talking about so do not be so sarcastic to others

Message 14 of 22

jezza1234
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I have been able to do it before so I do know what I’m talking about so do not be so sarcastic to others

iPhone XR 64GB

Never doubted it for a second, and as indicated by myself after trying it twice, and others, it would seem that you can't anymore.

I never set out to be sarcastic and do not consoder myself to be so. Unfortuantely this is the downside to forums and social media in that comments can be read and interpreted in many ways and can often be misconstrued

So if I have caused offence my unreseved apology to anyone that felt or feels that I am being sarcastic.

peace and love all

Message 15 of 22

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
You'll have to call them
Message 16 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@jezza1234 wrote:

iPhone XR 64GB

Never doubted it for a second, and as indicated by myself after trying it twice, and others, it would seem that you can't anymore.

I never set out to be sarcastic and do not consoder myself to be so. Unfortuantely this is the downside to forums and social media in that comments can be read and interpreted in many ways and can often be misconstrued

So if I have caused offence my unreseved apology to anyone that felt or feels that I am being sarcastic.

peace and love all

Your posts certainly didn't come across as sarcastic. More a case of people being sensitive when wrong.smiling

Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not wrong actually. I know it works but obviously You all think you know it all so I’ll leave you to it
Message 19 of 22

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
I am no longer on a Refresh tariff, so can no longer try to pay more of my Device Plan to see what happens...

However I did consider it once on my previous contract, but found it would not reduce my monthly payments, but would reduce the term over which I had to pay. Or somesuch.

I do recall that I may have had to phone them to do this *}shudder{*

🤷‍♂️
Message 20 of 22