Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Plan Payoff

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Anyone know why O2 won't allow you to make payments to your device plan online? (as in to make additional payments, or to pay it off?) the only option I can see to pay it off is via the upgrade route...

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've not tried but I was sure you could do it in your MyO2 by selecting where you wanted to allocate the payments to go to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Its down to them having to close the Credit Agreement down, and to check if you want to keep the number, or give 30 days notice. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 22

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@MI5 sadly not, it doesn't allow you to pay more than your current months payment

@madasaf1sh Given the new text to leave process I would have assumed that you should be able to do this now as the customer can choose to leave when they wish providing there are no outstanding debts. Just because you pay off the device plan doesn't mean you want to leave
Message 4 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Under the new process they have to inform you of the cost to leave when PAC or STAC is requested.
My assumption was that you would be billed this amount automatically to pay as your normal direct debit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 22

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

You cannpot make adittional payments via my O2. yuo can however call C.S and make additonal payments via them(I know this because I've done it).

When doing so make sure you tell them and they conform that you are maong an additional device payment that is to be used to reduce the outstanding balance.

Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you can make additional payments through myo2 so your information is incorrect
Message 7 of 22

jezza1234
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Thats what I thought, so before I replied and tried to help someone I hought I would be clear of my facts so went to the my O2 app and tried to make an additional payment outside of my normal contractual payment(which has already been paid this month) and there is in fact no facility for you to make an additional device payment only a payment toward your line rental account(unless ive missed something- always happy to learn something new):slight_smile: 

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can make extra device plan payments too. Just click on each box airtime or device. Scroll down each one & at the bottom you will see a line saying make a payment 

Message 9 of 22

jezza1234
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

not wishing to contradict or argue(have neither the time nor inclination LOL slight_smile

I have just tried it-again-. I won't post a  screen shot as it contains personal information but you can definately make a payment to your airtime account but once your monthly contractual payment for devices has ben taken there is no facility/box/link/at the bottom of the listing to make a payment. There is before the monthly contractual payment is made but not after. 

I have just spent 2 minutes of my life checking this out again. Now im going to get back to doing some actual work.

Have a good one

Message 10 of 22