cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperatly trying all day both in two stores, phone and now on line to cancel my account. IMPOSSIBLE

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spent so long today desperately trying to cancel my account. I have visited two stores, telephoned and even trawled through the on-line site  and still not managed to talk to someone who can help me. I have nowe cancelled the direct debit in the hope that this will prompt someone from this appalling company to make contact to get their last payment. Alongside Vodaphone O2 will be getting my vote in this years Wooden Spoon Award for poor customer service. You make it too difficult to make contact or even publish a postal address that is accessible. After many years of my loyal custom - I am pleased to be leaving you.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

We have a help guide to cancelling here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526 but I strongly urge you not to cancel your direct debit as it will be you who suffers even more for the next 6 years of poor credit rating.

O2 won't care less.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

We have a help guide to cancelling here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526 but I strongly urge you not to cancel your direct debit as it will be you who suffers even more for the next 6 years of poor credit rating.

O2 won't care less.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can only cancel by phone or letter. Call 202 and choose the option for leaving. 

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been cut off by the automatic telephone as at 20.05 they are apparantly closed. However, their on-line details show that the lines are available until 21.00hrs. CAn't even get their own information correct. Thanks to all who posted info about cancellation. much appreciated.

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It should be open till 9pm. Best thing is to give them a call between 8-8.30am tomorrow. Usually the best time

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

NB I notice you have nother thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Desperatly-trying-all-day-both-in-two-stores-ph...

Maybe they should be merged. (Same requested)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They should be open until 9.00pm, I have a feeling they stop taking new calls for the last hour due to the number of people waiting. Although they maybe changed their hours or forgot to put their clocks forward. Either way it ain't right! 

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the worst thing you can do is cancel the DD. You will likely have a default on your credit score & will find it hard to apply for other contracts 

Message 8 of 9

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Funny, because anytime I call O2, I get through fairly quickly. Not the fastest, but certainly doesn't take me all day 😉

Anyway enjoy your new network. Just check the signal before you move.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 9 of 9