Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deposit

Hi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I paid a very large deposit for my first contract with o2. Is there any way I can receive the money back earlier than the 3 month mark?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Hi This is a customer community, and no one here has access to anyone's account. You can speak to customer service in the morning. Deposits are asked for as a protection for O2 to ensure you pay on time, and regularly. It's doubtful that you'll get them to reduce the amount, but it won't hurt to ask. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Hi This is a customer community, and no one here has access to anyone's account. You can speak to customer service in the morning. Deposits are asked for as a protection for O2 to ensure you pay on time, and regularly. It's doubtful that you'll get them to reduce the amount, but it won't hurt to ask. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The deposit is insurance against you defaulting so there's no way you'll get it back until you have paid 3 bills in full and on time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope they won’t allow that. There’s a reason why that rule is in place & you agreed to it when you agreed to the t&c
Message 4 of 4