cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliberatively obstructive? Unlocking farce...

TigerWont
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm on Day 6 of my "mission" to get my old iPhone 6S unlocked and about to lose the plot.

My original request submitted online through the MyAccount link was unfortunately "lost" depite receiveing the confirmation screen that it had been received. No email or text confirmation, though, should have raised a flag. A new request (via Chat) went in on Wednesday (with no email/text confirmation either) and a follow-up call on Thursday (after 24hrs) said I had to wait 72hrs before anyone could escalate anything. That was then. Today is Saturday.

My first contact with O2 via chat informed me that there had been a technical glitch and that I would just have to just wait. I requested an escalation and they said they would have to "find" a manager. Nothing happened so I gave up.

A call to support (a real person) confirmed that there must have been a delay but that they would need to talk to another team and wait up to another 72hrs for a response. 

After spending 40mins persuading O2 to give me my PAC code last week (they didn't want me to leave), I can only assume that this unlocking procedure is similarly obstructive, even deliberately so. 

It's a pity as I have been a happy O2 (and previously Cellnet) customer all my life. Now totally fed up and just amazed at the incompetence.

Anyone else had similar experience?

Next stop OFCOM.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TigerWont
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
10pm - just received a text confirming the phone's unlocked.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are problems with unlocking current and @EmilieT is helping out on here.
She will contact you on Monday.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@TigerWont It isn't deliberate obstruction, but O2 have been having a problem with unlocking phones for weeks now, maybe even longer. It's obviously a technical problem, but they don't seem to be in a great rush to get it resolved, which is pretty appalling. Unfortunately, you are one of many.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As @EmilieT is on annual leave now, I will tag @Marjo or @Martin-O2 to see if they can help instead..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

TigerWont
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you!

Message 5 of 9

TigerWont
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
10pm - just received a text confirming the phone's unlocked.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Someone’s working overtime wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's a bit of a shock. Nice but surprising....upside_down