cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed texts, calls going straight to voicemail despite full signal. Is this getting worse?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been an O2 cutomer for ten years, and currently have three handsets, and am seriously thinking of leaving O2.
Over the last four or five days I have found it hard to contact other O2 users. Phoning my wife or son goes straight to voicemail, and after lining up the phones beside each other, they all have full signal, 3G and 2G. It also happened with several friends who would have been on different cell towers.
I have tried diasbling data, still the same. three out of five calls go straight to voicemail.
This has happened before, but usually a reset of network settings and/or rebooting the phone/s sorts the problem out. Not this time.
Texts have also taken between 12-24 hours to come through.

Phoning landlines works just fine. The phones I have are an iphone 4S and two Xperia S'.
I've phoned O2 several times and get a metaphorical shrug "All is showing fine here".

Looking around the web I see various theories about O2 prioritising data over voice. But this still happens even when I completely disable data.

I'm at my wits end, and if this cannot be resolved, would I have grounds for early contract termination?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

10th March I lve near Ramsey Cambs since last Friday full signal but anyone phones me it goes straight to  voicemail everyone I have spoken to on O2 has problems AGAIN

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having this problem for a couple of months now. Most of my calls go to voicemail and it can sometimes be hours later that I get a text to let me know I have missed a call. I spoke to a Guru online who told me it was a sim card issue. They sent me a brand new 4G sim card but it still keeps happening. I have several friends all on o2 who are having the same problems.

Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Check the thread below to see if it helps :

Network Issues? Self help thread by adamtemp64 - Here

Message 13 of 13