cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently done a credit check to discover that I have a default for a contract that I paid off , and give one months notice of cancellation, I kept getting charged monthly and after 4 months I was advised by 02 personnel that I was no longer on the system and that it would help both me and 02 if I cancelled direct debit , now I have a default?? And I made sure to cancel both airtime and pay off the phone .
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou for your help
Message 11 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I rung them and they admitted that it was their fault , and they did me a “favour” by cancelling my 15 pound debt , so I said what about the default? They then gave me credit file referrals address , no replies from them , *sigh*

@Anonymous Do you have anything in writing from them admitting fault, or that the debt was paid in full? If not, it's just your word against theirs, and that's not a good situation to be in. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A complaint is definitely the way to go now. Hopefully they will liase with the credit file team and sort this out. I'm a little worried that there was a £15 debt. If that is so, then I'm not sure how the team will view that as it was a default. We know it's O2's fault but make a complaint so that you can get it sorted out at a higher level than customer service agents.

At this stage I would also put a note on your credit file that the debt has been paid and that this was an admin error that o2 have owned up to. Contact one of the credit file groups such as Experience etc. Google it and you find a contact number.

You might want to call customer service again and demand a copy of all of the notes on your account. Also put that request in your complaints so that you have it in writing as proof of your payment and that O2 have taken responsibility for their error.

I wish you really good luck with this. 

Experian Contact Number: 0800 013 8888.

Have a look here too :

https://www.resolver.co.uk/rights-guide/credit-score/#contents_3

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Again today I rung customer complaints , they admitted fault , and now they say they owe me 16 pound , and the man said once I get paid the 16 pound that it gets the default off the record , is this true ?
Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No, it's rubbish!
Why would you have a default if they owe you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
No , he thinks that by Wiping my 16 pound off my debt that it gets rid of my default, he also said that I’m at high regard and that I should get 16 pound back , which I know it’s 3 times that
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
What he's saying is that your account is still showing a £16 deficit and that if he clears not it will clear the debt (not actually give you £16, but just apply it to your account so it's £0).
However, you will still need to chase them to notify the credit referral companies that it has been cleared and was due to o2's error.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm sorry but that is totally flawed thinking. He doesn't understand how the whole default and credit file process works in the slightest way. Someone has to manually remove the default. Only the referrals team and just wiping a £16 deficit off your account will NOT remove the default.

Message 18 of 18