cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently done a credit check to discover that I have a default for a contract that I paid off , and give one months notice of cancellation, I kept getting charged monthly and after 4 months I was advised by 02 personnel that I was no longer on the system and that it would help both me and 02 if I cancelled direct debit , now I have a default?? And I made sure to cancel both airtime and pay off the phone .
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to contact customer service & see what has happened otherwise you will get a default on your credit score which will stay on for 6 years 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to contact customer service & see what has happened otherwise you will get a default on your credit score which will stay on for 6 years 

Message 2 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144345 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You need to contact credit referals team as we are just customers on here:

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I can't believe the stupidity of them telling you to cancel the direct debit when it would have been the correct thing to sort the account out first. To be taking payments for 4 months the account was active and not closed when requested. Maybe live chat had a hand in this?

Anyway O2 have messed up again and I hope that Referrals sort it quickly. 

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I couldn’t believe it either , I had paid off the contract early so I was worried about this causing problems, I had a faulty phone for 20 months , so with 4 months left I decided to pay the phone off , and then asked could I cancel airtime aswell as I no longer needed it , well by the time it was sorted I gave it another few months and then I got advised that everything had been fully paid and that as the phone was paid off and airtime was given a months notice that would be the last payment, as it happens I was still getting charged after my contract officially ended anyway
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I have emailed around 10 times and just a automated response once lol
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144345 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Unfortunately, they are the only ones who can sort it.
Your next step should, therefore, be a complaint through Resolver https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou everyone
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I rung them and they admitted that it was their fault , and they did me a “favour” by cancelling my 15 pound debt , so I said what about the default? They then gave me credit file referrals address , no replies from them , *sigh*
Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 144345 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
If they have admitted it was their error, they will remove the default, but it may take a few months to get it cleared.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 18