Did you mean: 

Default on Credit File

Rachel93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I realise this may have been discussed several times but I'm going out of my mind here.

My husband and I are applying for our dream home, also our first mortgage. We did our initial checks and our scores were perfect.

My employer recently changed my personal mobile over to business, this meant cancelling my current contract with an outstanding amount of £273. This was agreed to be paid by myself.

I received no bill so i assumed this would be either charged to my employer or it would come out of my account.

I then received a letter (also sent to the wrong address) of a DEFAULT NOTICE from o2, obviously I panicked and paid it immediatley as we are in the middle of an application. The guy on the phone took my payment and assured me nothing would be placed on my credit file.

I got an email this morning to say my score has dropped 455 points putting me in the very poor section. This cannot happen to me, I will get rejected for my mortgage over a silly phone.

Please help 😞

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Rachel93 You can also write to the credit referrals team:

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Edit: I believe this is also an email address you can write to: creditreferrals@o2.com

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You can put a note of correction on your own credit file @Rachel93

You can also ring customer services and ask them to remove the default.

Meanwhile I will ask if one of our managers can help. @Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Rachel93 You can also write to the credit referrals team:

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Edit: I believe this is also an email address you can write to: creditreferrals@o2.com

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Rachel93
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I spoke to customer services and she told me she does not deal with credit things 😞 

How can i place a note on my file?

Message 4 of 7

Rachel93
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just sent them an email, thank you. I really wish they had a telephone number!

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Rachel93 You should follow up your email with a letter to the address provided. I'm sorry to say that this could take some time to get resolved. Hope it doesn't affect you too badly. We are so customers here and you have our sympathy, for what it's worth.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Rachel93, sorry to hear about this. 😞 Please do keep us posted on how it goes after you have sent the email to Credit Referrals. Did you receive any reply back yet?

Message 7 of 7