Did you mean: 

Declined contract

Chris22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys,
So on Tuesday I purchased the galaxy s20 from mobile phones direct on 02. No problems.
It was sent out for delivery for Wednesday. However, during this time period I realised I had ordered the wrong phone (I wanted the 5g version). So I rung up mobile phones direct, told them this and they said no problem, we will cancel the 4g and send out the 5g version. Brilliant. But then I had a message from 02 saying that my application has been declined from 02....not sure how as it was accepted the previous day! Checked my credit score....couldn't get any better. Spoke to mobile phone direct, they didn't know why. Spoke to 02 advisor and they couldn't see why either.....anyone know why!

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

It may possibly be due to numerous credit checks in such a short period of time so you may have to wait a couple of weeks before applying again?

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
@Chris22

By the sounds of it instead of doing a 14day on the handset you were returning they have instead done a new contract, but not processed it with o2.

No one will tell you why you have failed the Credit Check it could be one of a number of reasons.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Chris22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So.....is there anything I can do other than wait??
Message 4 of 5

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Chris22 just checking if thats has been sorted by now?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5