cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December Payment Date

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Does anybody kow when my payment will be taken, my Bill Date is showing the the payment will be taken around the 25th December which is obviously a Bank Holiday, would I be right to assume that the payment will be taken on the 27th?

Many Thanks in advance, just budgeting over the Xmas period

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Yes, it will be the next banking day, which as you rightly say will be the 27th December.

It's worth noting, however, that a couple of banks begin processing debits and credits due on a non banking day the last working day/Saturday before - so for example if a DD is due to leave your account on 25th December, you may find that this is reflected in your available balance on Saturday 23rd December. The transaction will show on your statement with the date of the 27th though, and the payment wont actually be processed until then - which also means that if the transaction would take you overdrawn you wouldn't incur any interest or charges until the 27th, and that any payments due into your account over the bank holiday would also reflect in your available balance from the Saturday (but not begin to earn interest, or reduce interest/charges payable on any OD balance until the 27th).

I think this only affects Natwest and RBS these days, and they will be changing their process from January anyway, but it's caught people out in the past so worth being aware of. slight_smile

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It's usually taken on the date shown as it's an automated process @Anonymous

Having said that I have now changed my mind...they do not take on a BH ..its the next working day

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-date-and-billing-date

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Mine is the 25th too so it will go on the next bank working day after, which I assume also will be the 27th.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Yes, it will be the next banking day, which as you rightly say will be the 27th December.

It's worth noting, however, that a couple of banks begin processing debits and credits due on a non banking day the last working day/Saturday before - so for example if a DD is due to leave your account on 25th December, you may find that this is reflected in your available balance on Saturday 23rd December. The transaction will show on your statement with the date of the 27th though, and the payment wont actually be processed until then - which also means that if the transaction would take you overdrawn you wouldn't incur any interest or charges until the 27th, and that any payments due into your account over the bank holiday would also reflect in your available balance from the Saturday (but not begin to earn interest, or reduce interest/charges payable on any OD balance until the 27th).

I think this only affects Natwest and RBS these days, and they will be changing their process from January anyway, but it's caught people out in the past so worth being aware of. slight_smile

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 4 of 4