cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit card has been declined twice?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I haven't paid my contract in almost a month as I've been having financial difficulties, I then put the money in my own bank account which then gave the transaction number that O2 sent me to the customer service to make sure it was O2 that got it, probably pointless but then she told me that I couldn't set up direct debit on my account because it's student 12-18 and I haven't got it updated to student+ which is obviously 18+ but tonight I used my mothers debit card and it has been declined twice...

First time it said about how it wasn't properly registered with the same post code I'm in now so I used the one that it was sent to and again nothing... The contract is used with my sisters contract too so I'm not too sure if that will have anything to do with it?

The only things being paid for by this account is wifi, sisters contract and maybe one other thing that I'm not too sure about...

Thank you slight_smile

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
When entering in the debit card details, you will need the address and postcode of the debit card account holders billing address.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have entered that all correctly...

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
When entering in the debit card details, you will need the address and postcode of the debit card account holders billing address.

Absolutely @Anonymous 

If still having problems it will probably require a call to Customer Services in order that the payment is accepted using this card.

My son who is also with O2, once needed to pay his bill using my card.

I had to be there when he made the call to confirm I agreed to him using it....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there sufficient cleared funds in the account?

Failing that o2 have had significant computer problems today so it might be worth trying again in the morning?
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Are there sufficient cleared funds in the account?

Failing that o2 have had significant computer problems today so it might be worth trying again in the morning?

Or indeed phoning them. If the debit card is declined 3 times it gets locked out (if I remember correctly)

and certainly with all these problems with the O2 site today... I wouldn't want to risk it again slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Is their any reason why you can't continue using the original bank account to pay your bill via Direct Debit ?

Please do contact Customer Service.

Numbers here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

Is their any reason why you can't continue using the original bank account to pay your bill via Direct Debit ?

I don't believe a DD has ever been set up (my interpretation of the OP?)

However, I suggest you do get your bank account upgraded to one that will accept DD's and set one up for your phone bill as it is by far the easiest way to manage it.

Good luck )

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Does your card work elsewhere? It's also possible that your bank has flagged the transaction as unusual and put a fraud block on your card which you will need to contact them to lift.

This used to happen to me all the time when I banked with natwest (why their systems were incapable of adapting and realising this was normal activity for me I don't know) and it has happened a couple of times with Santander although normally with them it is only when I try to do a large payment such as when I have bought out my contract to upgrade early or when I paid off my refresh plan

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Itt may just be a simple case of registering the card against your account but customer service should help.

Definitely try to get a direct debit set up. Much less stressful and one less thing to worry about in future.

Message 10 of 10