Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Death of third party phone user

Phone97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a SIM Only for someone in my family. If a third party phone user sadly passed away would the main O2 account holder still liable for termination fees even if the third party phone user sadly passes away or would O2’s bereavement team waive the cancellation fees due an third party user passing away? 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Phone97 

Sorry to hear about your loss. You need to discuss all this with our dedicated bereavement team.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Phone97 

Sorry to hear about your loss. You need to discuss all this with our dedicated bereavement team.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Phone97
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But are O2 account holders still liable for termination fees even due to an third party phone user passing away? Does the account holder still have to pay fees because it was the account holder who was credit checked and not the phone user? 

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23174 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Phone97 Sorry for your loss. This is a customer community, and we wouldn't know the answer to your query. Please follow the advice @Cleoriff gave you and contact the bereavement team. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I've never used the bereavement service but they are the people to guide you. I would imagine your case is slightly different as the account wasn't in the name of the person who passed away. We are just customers like you, so the only advice we can give is to call the bereavement service.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Phone97
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay thanks Cleoriff I’ll call the bereavement department first thing tomorrow morning when are they are open at 8am. It’s Sunday today so the bereavement department is closed on weekends and bank holidays. 

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

They will sort things for you @Phone97. Hope all goes well for you and your family xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7