cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't use all my data on a monthly contract. So why am I not able to keep the data that I don't use? As I have paid for it. But if I run out of data I get charged for more. It's my I want to keep it so why are O2 taking it back from me. If o2 want to take my data back each month then pay me for it, I pay O2 for the data every month.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jenny1979

A reasonable question to be honest. 😄

O2 only offers a monthly allowance which does not roll over as part of their T&C which we all sign up to when we become Customers when we use their services.

To quickly explain out how O2 handle their Data Allowances ->

For contract customers once they use their data allowance the data connection simply stops.

Why do O2 not let your unused Data rollover into a new month you ask ? Because they choose not to let customers have this facility.

If you don't use all your Data you could look at other Tariffs.

Check in your myo2 to see what else is available ,however a person on a monthly contract cannot downgrade in monthly cost wise to choose an alternative tariff.

Hope this helps 😊

Message 2 of 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Don't use all my data on a monthly contract. So why am I not able to keep the data that I don't use? As I have paid for it. But if I run out of data I get charged for more. It's my I want to keep it so why are O2 taking it back from me. If o2 want to take my data back each month then pay me for it, I pay O2 for the data every month.

I totally agree with your comment. I  am on contract now but was initially on PAYG and my tariff then allowed me to rollover credit till the following month. My other is half still on PAYG and uses his phone a lot less than me. He is constantly moaning about having to top up each month 'when he hasn't used everything'. I suppose O2 found the new tariffs would make them more money slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 27

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
OP's really got a good point there.
Message 4 of 27

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Do any of the networks allow you to roll your data over to the next month? I don't think they do. O2 did allow it several years ago, but they changed it. We all know what O2's defense would be: "It's in the Terms & Conditions". If you didn't read them, that's not O2's responsibility. The OP may have a good point, but she, nor anyone who questioned it, would have a leg to stand on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 27

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
In an ideal World you would say that networks have to plan for a maximum throughput of data each month to ensure the infrastructure can handle the demands.
If a few thousand people suddenly decided to use all their data they had been saving up for 12 months I think chaos would ensue......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 27

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I have wondered the same time.  I am on a 6GB per month tariff.  Some months I struggle to use 1GB and some months I get very close to the 6GB limit.  So the months where I use a lot of wifi, I am paying for 6GB, only using 1GB and throwing 5GB away.....

It'd be nice if we could either roll it over or get a small refund of the GB of data that we don't use.

Message 7 of 27

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Is always been the case,  use it or lose it. I don't know of any network that allows you to roll over unused data or minutes and texts for that matter. Maybe it's a matter of choosing the wrong tariff in the first place. ..

Message 8 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Is always been the case,  use it or lose it. I don't know of any network that allows you to roll over unused data or minutes and texts for that matter. Maybe it's a matter of choosing the wrong tariff in the first place. ..

The Oi! network in Brasil allows roll over of minutes on some tariffs.

Another fascinating bit of info for everyone Bouncy

Message 9 of 27

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

The Oi! network in Brasil allows roll over of minutes on some tariffs.

Another fascinating bit of info for everyone Bouncy

I could live in Brazil. ..shame about the football team LOL

Message 10 of 27