Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Tess
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've been trying to add more data to my account for 3 days via my o2 and 2202.  I'm informed there are no bolt ons for my tariff - this doesn't seem right as I've been able to do it in the past.  When I then try to do it via a livechat, the addition fails.  Then I am told there is a known issue.  

I can't find anything on o2 website or on internet about this, so not able to understand when it will be resolved. 

Anyone know anything about it?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Tess 

Not heard of any problems.

Suggest you call 202 to speak to an agent rather than using live chat.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Tess, and sorry to hear you're having some difficulties adding data to your account! We've not heard of any problem as of now but I'll see what I can find out slight_smile

In the meantime, I was wondering if you had a chance to call as @MI5 suggested? It'd be great to know about your progress with this!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 9

p_buxton
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm currently in France and am trying to add data, I'm a Pay Monyhly customer and I keep getting the message that "There aren't any data Bolt Ons available for your tariff". I've added data bolt ons before so not sure why I'm getting this message, is it because I'm trying to add it whilst I'm abroad ? It's all very frustraating as I've used up 80% of my allowance and will almost certainly need to top up before my next bill. Any advice would be much appreciated

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@p_buxton 

Ive had similar problems when abroad in the past. 

Live chat added a bolt on for me or you can call customer service http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think it's an O2 egulation that you can't add a data bolt on overseas whether in the EU or outside. Unfortunately it seems to be unilaterally across the board for security reasons and to stop bill shock. Give them a call, it's free on 202 from your mobile.

Message 6 of 9

p_buxton
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been in touch with Customer Support both online and by calling them, they tried to add data to my account but said they were unable to do so because of a "Technical Issue" that would have to be raised with the technical support team which could take up to 5 working days to resolve. Given that my next bill is due in 6 days and my data will then automatically get topped up again, it's not much use to me. Not very impressed at all, hugely frustrating and dissapointing. Thanks for taking time to respond though.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Way too many "technical issues" these days.
You'd think with all the testing they do so that customers can have the best possible experience, they wouldn't suffer these most basic problems.......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

p_buxton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Totally agree, unacceptable and very dissapointing. So now I have to wait up to 5 days to get this issue fixed, during that time my data allowance will almost certainly run out, Not very impressed at all

Message 9 of 9