cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same apps that I’ve always had when I only had 500mb I now have 3gb and this last about 2 weeks, My boy watched a 6min video of brum (NON HD) and this took my last 322mb of data now I have to wait till 12th of next month for it to renew, I did t have this problem when I had my phone New now it’s due to run out it seems like it’s using more.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Watching videos will consume data very quickly and everything is geared around data use these days.
I used to get by on 100mb a month years ago but that lasts about an hour these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Watching videos will consume data very quickly and everything is geared around data use these days.
I used to get by on 100mb a month years ago but that lasts about an hour these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using your mobile data to use YouTube then that will eat your data very quickly as it is a streaming service & Facebook is another huge data hog. Either buy a bolt on to tide you over or upgrade to a better tariff if this keeps happening 

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know but 322 on a 6 min video seems very steep but thank you for the info
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply , I will just wait I only have a couple of months left on contract
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s what will happen if you stream a video using data. Better off watching those types of service on WiFi 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's only 50mb a min.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's only 50mb a min.....

A speed test uses more. Streaming will just eat your data, not just on O2 but on any network.

Message 8 of 8