Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Loyalroyalstu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi is there a away of seeing why used all my data in two days never usually do? Want to see what I have used it on? Tried looking in the my O2 app but just says the amount not what used it on? Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Loyalroyalstu 

You need to look in your phones settings under data use.

It will show you which apps used the most.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Loyalroyalstu 

You need to look in your phones settings under data use.

It will show you which apps used the most.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

O2Nathan
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Loyalroyalstu

Just to expand a little on what @MI5 said if you have an Android phone it will break down what apps have used your data on a monthly basis.

iOS has this also, but often tracks it since you've had the phone. You can reset this information back to 0 every month or every few days if you like so it may be a bit more useful for your purposes.

Hope this helps!
Message 3 of 6

Loyalroyalstu
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks both looked on that and as you say O2Nation it was from when got the I phone thanks anyway. I went running and used coach to 5k plus Spotify and a running app so must be that although been doing that for weeks?? Thanks anyway
Message 4 of 6

RachelStanley12
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm having exactly the same issue. I never use all my data. I've added a bolt on twice this week and it's used it up almost immediately.....what's going on and why can't I contact 02 for a straightforward explanation, yes, like you I can see I've used it on my account.....but what on?????? What's going on 02? Anyone have a clue?
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@RachelStanley12 

You need to check the data usage on your phone in the settings.

It will tell you which apps are using data and how much.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6