Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sharing

Ebritton14
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Right. Things never go right for me and it’s so annoying! Basically after my iPhone took a swim (its completely dead) I decided that I’d take out a 2GB unltd mins + txts sim only package in a spare phone. (£13 a month) if that helps. I did this on the idea that after closely looking at data sharing (I have a 50gb) refresh tariff that belongs to my son. It didn’t really say what package they exclude apart from some Samsung’s that we don’t have as we have iPhones. So I’ve just discovered that you apparently can’t share according to this Upgrade required for sharing data
This device is not eligible for transfer to a Sharer Plan. You may be able to upgrade this instore or through our customer service team. Call 202 from your handset or visit your local O2 store. (The sim hasn’t actually arrived yet if that’s why). Any ideas ARGHHHH please
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks. Don’t really want to do that as it’ll leave footprints on my credit rating. Ill Wait for the SIM card to arrive then I’ll give an update. Thanks for the help! (Grin)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Cancel the new sim under the 14 day change of mind policy and take out a data sharing tariff.
Your local store or customer services will help you to choose http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks. Don’t really want to do that as it’ll leave footprints on my credit rating. Ill Wait for the SIM card to arrive then I’ll give an update. Thanks for the help! (Grin)
Message 3 of 5

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
grin
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's the only way you'll be able to share data unless they can change your tariff on the new sim?
Maybe worth asking them, otherwise, you'll be stuck with tethering when in the same room as the other phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5