Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming- poland

Mccullaghkieran
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey I can’t seem to get my data roaming working over in Warsaw, Poland. Normally it works automatically but it hasn’t worked at all this time round
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Mccullaghkieran 

Do you have an iPhone? 

If so, try changing your data APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk" 

If not or as well, try manually searching for a different network. 

Rebooting your phone a few times can also help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Mccullaghkieran 

Do you have an iPhone? 

If so, try changing your data APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk" 

If not or as well, try manually searching for a different network. 

Rebooting your phone a few times can also help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
As mi5 said or if not try call o2 off phone and see if you have right settings on
Message 3 of 13

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Mccullaghkieran, and welcome to the forum! Wave

Did you get a chance to try out any of the suggestions above? How are you getting on with this?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 13

Xman
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
New to o2, as from today. All seems to be working here but my iPhone 11 APN shows I data.o2.co.uk

I will be driving all the way to Poland using carplay/Apple maps so really need to have connection. Should I also make the change to mobile.o2.co.uk?
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Xman 

If you have the iData bolt on you can continue to use the apn you have.

You only need to change the apn for data use abroad if you don't have the iData bolt on.

An easy check is if you have visual voicemail working then you have the iData bolt on.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Xman
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Visual voicemail seems to be working so will leave it as it is. Thanks a lot for your help on this one.
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You're welcome @Xman 

Just shout up if you have any issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Xman
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello from Europe - just to update you, and all.  I didnt need to change anything on the APN. 

We are in south of Poland now - drove all the way here thorugh France, Belgium, Netherlands and GErmany and both our sims connected as soon as we came out of the tunnel in Calais. 

Used Carplay to navigate and Spotify all the way, no issues - 4G visible all the way (I have an iPhone 11).  Have used around 7GB data so far, concious there is a new 25GB romaing limit these days, it will be plenty.

Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Very pleased to hear this @Xman. Sounds as if you are having a great time xx                                                                                                                                                                   

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13