Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Data problems!

Hey I'm being charged £10.50 for only a 500mb data plan, when I should only be charged £5.11. I'm thinking about cancelling my current data plan and adding on the £5.11 data plan. Would I be able to do it?
At the moment I've cancelled it and it says underneath, "Sorry. There aren't any data Bolt Ons available with your tariff. If you want to buy a Bolt On, call us and we'll move you to one of our current tariffs" but I was wondering if I could 'reinstall' the bolt on (so to speak)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Data problems!

On the tariffs just ended there was no data bolt on at all for the 50 minute plan, the 500mb data for 100 minutes was £10 and all others above this were £5. What plan were you on and what is your contract length?
If you move to a current plan there's no restriction on which data bolt on you can have as they are all now standardised.
This is the current range
http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/paymonthly
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. It is an 18 month contract that came with a HTC Desire, 100 minutes and unlimited texts. It was an upgrade. Ok, so if I get rid of the data plan I can just put on a bolt on data plan without any worries?
Highlighted
Anonymous

You're not on a data plan as you have 100 minutes. What you have with the HTC is the £10 data bolt on that I described added to your tariff. If you want you can just remove tne data bolt on and save a tenner, but you would then be charged for data at £1 per day for each day it's used (which will be every day with your smartphone).
I too am on 100 minutes, on the new plan you can choose any data bolt so it would be worth checking how much you use per month. The tariff is £20.50 for 100 mins and 500 SMS plus either £3 for 100mb, £6 for 500 or £10 for 1GB. Mine is the latter but you can choose any.
The £6 and £10 bolt ons give you wifi and a number of mms too, the £3 one does not.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, I think I don't use that much data at all, having being brought up on pay per mb. So far since 03/03/11 I've only used around 184mb of my 500mb, and with only a little time to go. So do you think I could just use a One Off 500mb UK Data instead of a bolt on monthly plan? Will my unused data carry over do you think?
Thanks for your help
Highlighted
Anonymous

I mean carry over from last months data, not the one off. Thanks
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,849
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,312

no data is not carried over lasts 1 month only
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

No, as Adam says, it doesn't carry over so, if you use more than 100mb I would get the 500 mb bolt on. This would give you a total charge of £26.50, how does that compare with what you pay now?