Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problem, upgraded contract out of country

Pcam1988
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, I’m currently stuck in Greece due to the corona virus and i upgraded my contract so I could get a bigger data plan. I currently have an IPhone XR and when upgrading I chose to keep the current SIM card I have so my phone would continue to work while I am here. I upgraded the contract for the plan alone but I am getting a huawei phone delivered home tomorrow even though I won’t be using it. The problem I have is they have changed the contract over but now my data network won’t work! It says I have 3G in the top corner of my phone and all the roaming settings are turned on, however when I open the browser up I’m prompted with a message saying data network not available please use wifi! Can anybody help with this please as 02 aren’t answering phone calls at present and I have no WiFi.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Change your apn setting to mobile.o2.co.uk as they seeem to have changed your data bolt on.

@Pcam1988 

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Change mobile data APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Pcam1988
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks guys , much appreciated
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6