Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problem in DE13 8 area on multiple devices

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've been having trouble with data in the Barton-Under-needwood area in Staffordshire. I often get a strong Edge signal showing but no actual data is working. I've downloaded the My Network app and reported the problem a few weeks ago but heard nothing back.

This is frustrating as I often lose data when driving by this area to work and back using Waze or when I go to my mum's who lives in Barton.

I've had the same trouble on multiple Android and iOS devices and don't think it's a slow data connection timing out as I can get (slow) working GPRS at work.

Is this a known issue in the area, is there anything I can do to get my data back in this area? I don't get this problem anywhere else.
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I really do sympathise with your situation.

Not too long ago I did have 3 weeks of intermittent connection myself and relied on Wifi instead. 

Obviously not the answer you wanted but remember these high street shop assistants don't have all the answers.

As said in other threads of this subject matter all sorts of factors can affect signal.

No Network guarantees network signal everywhere and all of the time.

I would suggest you keep a diary of the downtime and put it all in writing here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

I understand this does not help with the downtime but may return some funds you've paid and not had connection. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check here http://status.o2.co.uk/ with your full postcode

A help thread with bullet points http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

Live results for Barton under Needwood, Staffs

Our network is currently working fine
If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.
Updated 22:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
    Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
    Good indoors and outdoors.

• Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
    Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
    Good outdoors. Patchy indoors. Not good for mobile broadband.

• Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
    Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
    Sorry, we do not have coverage here.

•  

Message 2 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It could well be a local network issue, have you reported it to O2?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 10

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yes, I reported it via the My Network app a few weeks ago.

Its been like this for months now, and with different phones.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
In that case all you can do at your end it keep checking the status and then re boot your phone when connection returns.

Message 5 of 10

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks, would it be worth reporting the issue again or would that be counter-productive?

It's been going on a while but starting to wonder if it's something to do with my account as no one else has complained of problems in that area?
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sammy_boy wrote:
Thanks, would it be worth reporting the issue again or would that be counter-productive?

It's been going on a while but starting to wonder if it's something to do with my account as no one else has complained of problems in that area?

Hi,

If it was me I would be reporting the mast at least once a week.

O2 are constantly working on their network and do have tragets set for improving.

Here is the network Future Link : http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

If you feel your account needs looking at then it cannot harm speaking to CS on 202 for contract or 4445 for payg.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
As you have mentioned that you don't have an issue anywhere else I would think it unlikely to be an account issue....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not just a problem in DE13 8. It's a problem in LN4 and LN1 and in PE20 (my daughter lives there). Also if you go to the status checker and type in Sheffield, there are supposedly mast problems there as well. I actually went into the O2 shop in Lincoln on Thursday because I was getting no data connection at all. The only reaction I got was from some dizzy t*** who showed me her own phone and said "No, look I can't get anything to connect either. Frustrating isn't it. It's been like this for over a week now." So I asked her when it would be remedied as I am paying xxx for this service and she told me she hadn't a clue!!
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I really do sympathise with your situation.

Not too long ago I did have 3 weeks of intermittent connection myself and relied on Wifi instead. 

Obviously not the answer you wanted but remember these high street shop assistants don't have all the answers.

As said in other threads of this subject matter all sorts of factors can affect signal.

No Network guarantees network signal everywhere and all of the time.

I would suggest you keep a diary of the downtime and put it all in writing here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

I understand this does not help with the downtime but may return some funds you've paid and not had connection. 

Message 10 of 10