cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not reset on billing date..

Anonymous
Not applicable
My bill was produced on the 14th jan. So my data should have reset, however it hasn't. I've now run out of internet and O2 was closed so spoke to someone on chat. The chat advisor said that id used all my data. I said that was impossible as I use wifi most of the day. He said my phone was set to shared data.. If I haven't got any other devices connected to my mobile how is that possible? Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

There have been some issues with data resetting.You would need to speak to 202 for this and they can help you.

As for the shared tariff, that's got nothing to do with this. Most customers are now put on them when they connect or upgrade to make it easier for them in the future, if they want to had other devices to their account and use shared data.

Hope this helps slight_smile 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You really need to ring CS on 202 contract and 4445 PAYG...only they can check this for you. Live chat are not the best route to sort this for you sadly..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just to add some other info that may help in the future

If you are pay monthly you can check which dates your data was used. Also have a look in the settings under data usage and you should see which apps are using the most. You could also download Onavo to monitor daily usage. Facebook with it's auto video play could be the culprit.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onavo.android.onavoid&hl=en_GB

Credit to jonsie for this info.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

seems like you're not the only one, few others reported similar issue.

Try disconnecting from wifi and check your allowances again after midnight. 

And definitely do not use live chat.

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's Facebook auto play then go into your Facebook settings turn video auto play to off, that should solve it & saves battery as well
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

There have been some issues with data resetting.You would need to speak to 202 for this and they can help you.

As for the shared tariff, that's got nothing to do with this. Most customers are now put on them when they connect or upgrade to make it easier for them in the future, if they want to had other devices to their account and use shared data.

Hope this helps slight_smile 

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. All sorted now
Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for your help. All sorted now

Hi @Anonymous  Did it reset automatically or did CS reset it for you?. Either way, pleased your problem is sorted now :smileywink:.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous glad it's sorted now. I'm curious to know the same as @Cleoriff, was it done by CS or autimatically?
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue..i have 2Gb of data...Mt account online shows i have not used any data ..... i unfortunately went to Live Chat ..  what i cannot understand is why O2 would allow such bad service... they did not have a clue about my problem and told me to wait 24/48 hours and it will be corrected!   guess what ... it is still the same NO DATA ... they  even gave me 500 mb of data...guess what... it shows added online ... but i have still have no data.

How did you get it sorted?

thanks 

Message 10 of 17