Did you mean: 

Data issues

Klakey123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

I’ve had my iPhone 7 Plus for nearly two months now, and during the first month my data just stopped working and hasn’t come back on since! I’ve been in contact with o2 a lot during these months and nothing has been done about it, they said they aren’t able to fix it as everything looks ok their end. This is very stressful and frustrating, has anyone else experienced this before and can possibly shed some light on this issue?

Many thanks.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you checked the following:
-data turned on on the phone
-APN settings correct on the phone
Can you try your sim in another phone/another sim in your phone?
Have you been to an o2 shop and asked for a new sim?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Klakey123 

Also goto settings >mobile data and scroll down to ensure all apps have accrss to data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Klakey123
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thankyou for your suggestions! I have tried these before and nothing seemed to work, and the APN for iPhones is “idata.o2.co.uk” I believe. If so, this is what is currently on my phone and it isn’t working.
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Klakey123 

You can use either "idata.o2.co.uk" or "mobile.o2.co.uk"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Klakey123
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@M15 thanks again! And I believe I have already tried that and still no success 🙁. It’s a very strange issue!
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Klakey123 

Does data work if you put your sim in another phone?

We need to determine if it is a phone or account fault?

Also, can you remember if you did anything just before data stopped, ie, download any apps or change tariff etc?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Klakey123
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@M15 I haven’t got another phone I can put the SIM card into 😕 and oh ok! I did switch my number from my old SIM card with EE to my new o2 SIM card (the one in question). And no I haven't downloaded anything apart from normal apps like games and social media. I do seem to remember being told that it was an account issue once, and yes my tariff was changed today to 15gb instead of 12gb. I was also given an extra 8gb around 4 weeks ago to compensate for not having data. But I wasn’t able to access that either, and it’s just added to the data I haven’t used.
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Klakey123 

There could be an issue with the number port to O2 which is causing this but customer service should be able to see that.

It doesn't sound like a phone issue so I'll ask @Marjo or @EmilieT to see if they can get someone to look into it for you.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Klakey123
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@M15 That would be fantastic! Thankyou so much for you help, it’s greatly appreciated!
Message 10 of 11