Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data issue

Zakjee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi why can’t I access my home automation through o2 network will not connect to HomeKit, SmartThings and LIFX, no problems accessing via Wi-Fi when home, but when out of the house can’t access any of the above via my o2 data, changed sims from virgin to o2, never had this issue on virgin, o2 customer services? Well less said there. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Zakjee 

Could be anything, are you using a Zigbee hub or any other LPWAN service for the home automation. 

How is data routed into your home automation, is it via cloud services or via your home network, with ingress via a Router and your ISP?

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

Zakjee
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi they all cloud based connections no hubs, never had issue on my virgin sim. 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Zakjee 

It will be a blocked port on O2.

They always deny doing this but it's been a problem for as long as I can remember on here.

I can't imagine calling O2 to rectify it will do any good but it's worth trying.

If you can get the issue escalated to the network support team, you have a chance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Zakjee
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the heads up, easier to go back to virgin media, o2 support is the worst I’ve seen so far. 

Message 5 of 8

Zakjee
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Going round and round with o2 support, apparently my sim is setup for android and not iOS, will take 24hrs to for new setting to take effect, wait and see I guess. 

Message 6 of 8

Zakjee
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou for that information.

@Zakjee wrote:

Hi why can’t I access my home automation through o2 network will not connect to HomeKit, SmartThings and LIFX, no problems accessing via Wi-Fi when home, but when out of the house can’t access any of the above via my o2 data, changed sims from virgin to o2, never had this issue on virgin, o2 customer services? Well less said there. Any ideas?

@Zakjee wrote:

@Zakjee wrote:

From o2 support 
With the information you just gave me, I dont believe that is supported on the o2 network, I am happy to raise this but will set your expectations that this is potentially information that the  network team will come back with

Regards

Message 7 of 8

Zakjee
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Zakjee wrote:

First week with 02, what a **** provider 
So you would like me to send the details to the network team on the understanding that potentially they will give you the information that i have just given to you?

Message 8 of 8