Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data dropping out

SiGreenwood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
At work I have a really good, full 4 bars, 4G signal however the data speed is really poor. Mostly the data speeds are very low, less than 1Mbps, Sometimes I can’t access email and internet and things time out. My colleague who sits behind me has exactly the same problem. We have both reported the issue via the O2 app but are told that no problems have been found. Other colleagues on other networks get really good 4G data download speeds +30Mbps. Also when away from work and out and about my colleague on O2 and I get really good 4G download speeds. We don’t seem to be in a 4G ‘blackspot’ and we don’t seem to have an issue with 4G on our phones, it seems to be a problem with the transmitter we are connected to.
How can I escalate this problem to O2, other than on the app?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you have reported it via the My Network app, then there is not much else you can do.
While you wait for o2 to reply, you could try forcing your phone to drop down to 3G/H.
The problem you are having is likely the volume of traffic on the network being more than the capacity.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you have reported it via the My Network app, then there is not much else you can do.
While you wait for o2 to reply, you could try forcing your phone to drop down to 3G/H.
The problem you are having is likely the volume of traffic on the network being more than the capacity.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 8

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

I had issues just like the OP in my local area too

I solved it by moving my O2 Sim over to Three 😂

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

You mean Three @jonsie 😂

Though I have a sim on EE too as part of the dual sim setup I have going so currently running EE/Three on my iPhone XS Max

In my experience O2’s coverage is a bit stronger around here but no good having 4 bars of 4G signal if you are getting pre dial up speeds on the data due to capacity issues

Message 5 of 8

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
slight_smile
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@davethorp wrote:

You mean Three @jonsie 😂

Though I have a sim on EE too as part of the dual sim setup I have going so currently running EE/Three on my iPhone XS Max

In my experience O2’s coverage is a bit stronger around here but no good having 4 bars of 4G signal if you are getting pre dial up speeds on the data due to capacity issues

Damn predictive text.....!

Message 7 of 8

SiGreenwood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I do keep reporting it. Initially I was told they had found a problem and fixed it, now they just say there is no problem. I was going to try to speak to someone to escalate it or clarify the issue i’’/we are having.
There seems to be a bit of a pattern with times of day so it may be due to capacity issues. Either way I’m not very happy.
Message 8 of 8