Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data charge advice

Dgdsg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’m on a business account with o2 andhave been for a few years (no idea why as I’m not a business) anyway, in January I had a call to say that Aerial Direct were taking over from o2 for my account.

I’ve had my phone bill through today and it has come in at £113! I’m on a sim only contract with 4gb of internet and unlimited calls and texts. From my bill it appears that I’ve gone over on my internet but to me this is extortionate. I’ve had a look at other forums who have said that they cap the account at £40 overspend on data but clearly this is not the case?? I’m not sure how I’d have gone over as I’m on the home and work WiFi, and can’t speak to AD until tomorrow as they’re now closed. Any advice is much appreciated
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Business accounts aren't capped for either data use or data charges I'm afraid.
You also have the added problem of being with Aerial.. you should not have agreed to transfer to those sharkes and a search of the forum will reveal their underhanded tactics
Bottom line, sadly, is that you're liable for and will have to pay the bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Dgdsg O2 Business customer service is also closed now. Here are the opening hours: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

This is a customer to customer community, and no one here has access to anyone's account.

If you've been on a business account for a few years, and you're not a business, why has it taken you this long to query your contract?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aerial again? Those sneaky people. They are known for cold calling & signing consumers to business contracts with no cooling off period 

Message 4 of 7

Dgdsg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s not my usual contract I’m querying. It’s just this months. I’ve not had any problems til now, they’ve left me alone and I haven’t had to contact them to query anything.
My issue is around the phone bill this month, from what I’ve read on the forum I’ve seen that a lot of others have had a cap at £40 so it doesn’t go over by any more and I’m wondering if this is the case across the board. My contract is only £19 a month usually so paying almost 100 extra seems crazy
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow the above advice as I think the £40 cap is for consumer contracts or if consumers are using O2 Travel

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As I said above, there are no caps on business contracts...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7