Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data being chewed up

Hobbsie82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How can 30gb of my data been used up 10 days before the end of my bill when I have done nothing different then normal and I normally use up an average of up to 10gb??? Can anyone help me on what could of happened??
I’m a cleaner in a hospital...I no nothing about phones
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122359 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Hobbsie82

Have you compared your data allowance in My O2 to that displayed on your phone?

Are you on a promotional tariff? If so check here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494

If you have an iPhone then WiFi Assist could be the problem..

If not, then the best thing to do is to call customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

between 8-830am this morning and ask them for an explanation.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122359 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Hobbsie82

Have you compared your data allowance in My O2 to that displayed on your phone?

Are you on a promotional tariff? If so check here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494

If you have an iPhone then WiFi Assist could be the problem..

If not, then the best thing to do is to call customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

between 8-830am this morning and ask them for an explanation.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Customer service might be able to tell you when a large amount of data was used. You can then compare that to your own knowledge of when you used your phone to see if it ties up.
There are also occasional reports of iPhone data being recorded incorrectly by O2. It happened to me a while back but there are less issues reported with this now.
Auto play settings of videos in social media apps can cause problems for some too as you could be downloading entire videos as you scroll through your feeds.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have background refresh turned on or apps set to update over mobile data that might be it 

Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
All the things mentioned above, and I have been caught out by a setting in the Android twitter app recently, so beware.

I am presuming you don't tether another device, using your phone's data feed as a hot-spot? Probably not, but worth checking...
Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Hobbsie82, and Welcome

Did the info the other members shared above help you understand what happened better? It'd be great if you could share any update with us please smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6