cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there. I have broadband at home and was wondering if it is possible to hook up my phone to this and download stuff without using up my data allowance?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes if you have wi fi it is simple i use my home broadband all the time not with o2 which maybe why it works so well just turn on hotspot or wi fi on your phone and update download for free data charges . if only all things were as simple to sort, dont suppose anyone knows how to get o2 to unblock a phone they blocked in error or get a new upgrade phone delivered in less than two weeks when it is sat in the warehouse or to find someone in 02 that does what they say they are going to do or better still get a human on a phone that deals with your complaint dosnt say sorry and do nothing sorry it would seem is the easyest word for o2 to say. fixing the mess they made no they cant do that

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes if you have wi fi it is simple i use my home broadband all the time not with o2 which maybe why it works so well just turn on hotspot or wi fi on your phone and update download for free data charges . if only all things were as simple to sort, dont suppose anyone knows how to get o2 to unblock a phone they blocked in error or get a new upgrade phone delivered in less than two weeks when it is sat in the warehouse or to find someone in 02 that does what they say they are going to do or better still get a human on a phone that deals with your complaint dosnt say sorry and do nothing sorry it would seem is the easyest word for o2 to say. fixing the mess they made no they cant do that

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the heads up auction monkey. I wish O2 were as prompt and clear as you when answering queries. Cheers
Message 3 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The forum can be a lot of help, there is a broadband section if you get stuck anytime.:smileyhappy:

Turn off data on your phone while using wi-fi to ensure no data charges.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - total newbiw, here. You say to 'turn off data' on the phone - don't understand how that would be done. I'm OK turning on wi-fi but would 'data' be in a phone menu or an O2 menu?

Hope I'm askng the question right - on a Samsung Galaxy with Pay&GGG No Allowance - very occasional user but don't want any home wi-fi access eating up my credit.

Cheers

Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Home wi-fi access doesn't touch your credit, but some phones will switch back to data so it's best to turn data off.

Look in Wireless and Networks in the phone settings.

More here:

http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/showthread.php/9073-How-do-I-switch-off-my-3G-mobile-internet

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6