Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance still does not seem to reset properly

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I'm abroad at the moment, and coincidentally my allowance is supposed to reset whilst I'm outside the UK once again (my billing date is on the 14th). I'm using a local sim+TuGo combi, so I've took the O2 sim out of the phone before jetting off.

I have described a certain glitch earlier (http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Data-allowance-did-not-reset/m-p/839723/highligh... Basically, if I switch my O2 sim off before my billing date, the allowance would not reset after the billing date until I start using my O2 sim again. 

Both MyO2 website and the O2 smartphone app still show the last month's remaining data figures, which they shouldn't as my allowances should start afresh after the 14th.

I think that one of the community moderators said that the issue would be forwarded to the techies. Just to let yous guys know that it does not look like the fix is there yet.

I'm going to see what happens when I'm back in the UK tomorrow evening, as I'm going to put my O2 sim back into my handset and start using it. My guess would be that the data allowance would reset then slight_smile

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Good to hear but as you say, definitely a glitch.

Shame about having to come back to the UK, personally I can't wait to leave again wink

ah, it's certainly not the worst place in the world slight_smile

Message 11 of 13

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@cyrillicguy wrote:
Back in the UK. Popped my O2 sim into my phone, checked allowances...all reset... La-di-da! Still a glitch though slight_smile

At least you knew it would work when you posted first thing.....:smileywink:

Not the first time it happened to me. Tried to report it via O2's customer service channels before posting it here, but... Even the ones on the phone sound like they don't bother to even listen - "try to switch your phone on and off , reinstall the app etc..." , all that after me specifically pointing out  that both the website and the app were producing exactly the same results...

Message 12 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122367 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No...what I really meant was this sentence in your first post.....wink

I'm going to see what happens when I'm back in the UK tomorrow evening, as I'm going to put my O2 sim back into my handset and start using it. My guess would be that the data allowance would reset then :smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 13