Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance still does not seem to reset properly

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I'm abroad at the moment, and coincidentally my allowance is supposed to reset whilst I'm outside the UK once again (my billing date is on the 14th). I'm using a local sim+TuGo combi, so I've took the O2 sim out of the phone before jetting off.

I have described a certain glitch earlier (http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Data-allowance-did-not-reset/m-p/839723/highligh... Basically, if I switch my O2 sim off before my billing date, the allowance would not reset after the billing date until I start using my O2 sim again. 

Both MyO2 website and the O2 smartphone app still show the last month's remaining data figures, which they shouldn't as my allowances should start afresh after the 14th.

I think that one of the community moderators said that the issue would be forwarded to the techies. Just to let yous guys know that it does not look like the fix is there yet.

I'm going to see what happens when I'm back in the UK tomorrow evening, as I'm going to put my O2 sim back into my handset and start using it. My guess would be that the data allowance would reset then slight_smile

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Back in the UK. Popped my O2 sim into my phone, checked allowances...all reset... La-di-da! Still a glitch though slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @cyrillicguy 

I hope its warmer where you are wink

I  wonder if your data allowance hasn't refreshed because its the weekend? (I know it should refresh regardless of date or time....but it may be another reason) :smileysad:.

I think you are probab;y right in your assumption though ...that when you get back and put your O2 sim back in the phone your data allowance will reset then.

Either way, I know you will update us, so look forward to hearing from you when you get back

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @cyrillicguy 

I hope its warmer where you are wink

I  wonder if your data allowance hasn't refreshed because its the weekend? (I know it should refresh regardless of date or time....but it may be another reason) :smileysad:.

I think you are probab;y right in your assumption though ...that when you get back and put your O2 sim back in the phone your data allowance will reset then.

Either way, I know you will update us, so look forward to hearing from you when you get back

Warm? Well, dunno about that, but it's still nice enough in Poland just now weatherwise slight_smile 

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Poland? (Beautiful place)....Though I had visions of you lying on some warm beach in the Bahamas Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's very strange. When I'm in Thailand my allowances always reset at midnight on the button uk time although to be fair the sim is always in the spare Note 2. Like you I use TuGo with a local sim in my Note 4 so I only carry the other phone for when I'm out of wifi range just in case the family want to get in touch plus I have a number of different apps on there.

I'll check the next time I'm overseas as I will probably leave my o2 sim here.

On a side note, Poland is a beautiful place to be although a little cold this time of year. i was a frequent visitor to Krakow when my son was teaching there for 3 years. Love the place!

Message 5 of 13

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
My guess is that if I had my O2 sim switched on, the allowances would reset no problem, abroad or not.

Krakow you said? slight_smile that's exactly where I went to this time slight_smile Some place!
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I feel in love with Krakow. Went early February and all the Christmas decorations and lights were still up in the main square....and it snowed for hours. Gorgeous!

Message 7 of 13

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Back in the UK. Popped my O2 sim into my phone, checked allowances...all reset... La-di-da! Still a glitch though slight_smile
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good to hear but as you say, definitely a glitch.

Shame about having to come back to the UK, personally I can't wait to leave again wink

Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

At least you knew it would work when you posted first thing.....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13