Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data abroad.

Mkirby1981
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, ive just been to the ukraine. While i was there i used 44mb of data as i needed to contact people on whatsapp. On return ive found out ive been charged 35 pound for using this tiny ammount of data. Ive been charged a few pounds for sending some texts and making some voice calls which i dont mind but i feel like ive been ripped off with the data situation. Its extortionate. I feel let down by o2 to be honest and im regretting opening a contract with them. Is this usual to pay this much for such a tiny ammount of data when your out the country.

Thanks

Michael.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Data outside of EU is charged at £7.20 per mb.
All covered in the help pages.
http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

ukraine.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Data outside of EU is charged at £7.20 per mb.
All covered in the help pages.
http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

ukraine.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mkirby1981 wrote:

Is this usual to pay this much for such a tiny ammount of data when your out the country.

Being as the (EU imposed) cap restricts additional data spends to £40 per month - I guess most people in this situation would've used the whole 50mb.

Much more exciting back in the day with no caps people with self activating data connecting iPhones came home to bills of many hundred or thousands if they used their data wi**y-nilly.

Message 3 of 3