Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Data Useage

I have just recieved a txt on my iphone which i have had about 4 weeks saying that I am using to much data??? and its affecting other users, i was told it was O2 unlimited access to the internet??? I am new to the forum and am not sure what to do as they have threatned to turn my data useage off Smiley Sad
Can anyone assist :robotindifferent:
Natalie
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Data Useage

O2 have started to impose the T&C of your contract there are others posting about it as well
There has always been the clause about impacting others usage.
What is your actual usage per month?
this is just one of the other threads viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53268
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah you must be using huge amounts to get contacted by o2?
As of interest what do you use internet wise on the iphone 4?
I find facebook ebuddy and surfing web sites is sufficent so I dont know how you could be using it a lot?
Am I missung soemthing on why people are using the data usage a lot more?
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 T&Cs explicitly prohibit the use of smartphones to stream audio and video, because of the amount of data that they burn though. If you're using these facilities regularly, this may be why you were contacted.
Highlighted
Anonymous

My wife has recently got a new iphone 3g and has opted for minimal data (100mb)allowance. A level which my siblings all three of them manage to work within. However not long in to her new contact and she was advised that she had used 80% of her allowance. When checking her "usage" it is obvious that the high usage is at midnight when all asleep! Given we have wi-fi in the house why is the phone using up her allowance? I have since checked my daughters usage on her iphone and it is the same! but as her contract is for a higher amount (500mb) we never needed to check. I have since checked my other daughter's and my son's usage and it is not so apparent that they are using data when asleep. The only difference is that they have blackberries. Is this data usage when asleep normal for iphones?
Highlighted
Anonymous

That's because O2 add the all the days data usage around midnight.
Also, even if using wifi the iphone switches it off to conserve battery. Sometime data gets used - say a push notification - before it switches in again.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Blackberry's use less data than standard smartphones. It might be worth moving up to the 500mb. She might find as it's a new phone she might just be using it more than normal and then might be able to drop back down to the 100mb.