Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

PamT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received an SMS message from O2 on 4 September 2018 informing me that I had used 80% of my monthly 500mb data allowance. As I never use anywhere near my allowance, I was very concerned especially as I was only 7 days into my billing month. I have checked through my mobile apps and usage & can find no justification for this sudden spike. The only thing that occured during the time of the alleged usage was when the O2 signal went down owing to trouble with a local mast. I would welcome comments.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Ah well a mast being down would account for the spike in usage @PamT

Pleased O2 offered you a goodwill gesture though.

I’m confused.. how would a signal outage account for a spike in use, surely it should be the other way round or have I missed something ?

No you have missed nothing @Anonymous It was a mistake on my part. I thought oh yes use more mobile data...which of course is nonsense. Still you all can have a good laugh at my schoolgirl error. I won't mind at all....Happy days...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Ah well a mast being down would account for the spike in usage @PamT

Pleased O2 offered you a goodwill gesture though.

I’m confused.. how would a signal outage account for a spike in use, surely it should be the other way round or have I missed something ?

No you have missed nothing @Anonymous It was a mistake on my part. I thought oh yes use more mobile data...which of course is nonsense. Still you all can have a good laugh at my schoolgirl error. I won't mind at all....Happy days...

Not laughing at all, but I did wonder if it was one of the causes of this mysterious data swallowing act that O2 seems to have!

Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It could well be @Anonymous but after my previous idiotic comment (copying what CS said btw) I'm saying nowt...joy xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It could well be @Anonymous but after my previous idiotic comment (copying what CS said btw) I'm saying nowt...joy xx

Related image

Message 14 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Related image

joyrofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 15