Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Sharing

vix2000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven't posted before, but I am a little annoyed at O2s sharing policy which is absolutely rubbish.  I have a longstanding O2 monthly contract and want to share my data. Having just spoken to 202 I have been told I would have to cancel my contract and start a new one.  How ridiculous is that? I already have an O2 contract.  I have no problem with O2 and would have stayed with them for years, but this will mean a definite loss of a customer when my contract has ended. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

hessey50
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Shows all phones able to share data you just go round in circles trying to find"the link" that lets you activate sharing and set up lead phone 30) to others 16g,3g
Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They may be "able" to share but they need to be on a sharer plan to activate it.
You need to upgrade the tariffs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Cathal
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When I spoke to someone a while ago, I was told my data tariff was too high to qualify for sharing data, which seems really stupid. I only wanted to share data between my phone and iPad, but was told that unless I downgraded to the 20gb plan or opted out of the refresh portion of my contract that I couldn’t share my data with myself. Very odd.
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cathal 

Just turn on hotspot on phone and tether your ipad.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Cathal
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, that is what I currently do.  Would just be nice to not have to use the batteries of two separate devices for one purpose.  

Message 15 of 15