Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Sharing - how on Earth?

the_whip
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I wanted data for my phone and tablet. I should've listened to the O2 representative who basically said "don't bother. Just get 2 PAYG contracts."

After browsing tablet and pay monthly contracts, I came to the conclusion that these were both pointless. Surprisingly, this was confirmed by another O2 rep. So it seemed two 12 month contracts was the best deal, and also the only way to get data sharing. So I dutifully ordered two sims on 12 month contracts.

I have now found out that they aren’t eligible for data sharing.  During the cancelation process I was told that you have to tell them that you want data sharing at the time of purchase.

Does anyone truly understand data sharing? Does it change the cost of the contracts? Why are there tablet contracts that cost more than phone contracts - can’t we use phone contracts with tablets? What is “refresh”? And if it only applies to contracts with phones, how does it relate to data-sharing with sim-only contracts?

I’m very confused.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@O2Georgina@O2Angela, @Anonymous , @O2Emma@O2Daniel@O2Jayne@O2Ellie Anyone want to assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

O2Ellie
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for the tag @Bambino  slight_smile 

@the_whip I will send you a private message and we can have a look in to your account to discuss this a little further

Thanks,

Ellie.

signature
Message 3 of 3