cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Charges from Bermuda

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a short break with the wife.  We went on a Dutch dash sailing from Hull to Europoort on Wed night. A day in Rotterdam visiting Keukenhof Gardens and sailed back on Thurs night from Europoort lading in Hull on Friday morning.  I have now data charges on my account from Bermuda!!! WTF.  I live on the UK east coast just outside Hull and struggle getting a connection on land, but in the middle of the North sea I gat a connection from Bermuda!!!!  I think O2 is seriously taking the p*ss

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The ship sails across the north sea which is in Europe, therefore shouldn't european call charges be accountable!!!

Err no it isn't, when it's at sea it is "at sea" and only the rules of the ship apply.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If your phone is switched on and mobile data is on then apps update in the background. That is why there are charges.

It seems piracy at sea still exists!!

Message 22 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

With all these horror stories I keep hearing about phone charges when at sea in whatever vessel...I doubt I would ever realise my husbands dream and go on a cruise....Its a great get out clause for me because I never want to 'go cruising' LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 44

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

With all these horror stories I keep hearing about phone charges when at sea in whatever vessel...I doubt I would ever realise my husbands dream and go on a cruise....Its a great get out clause for me because I never want to 'go cruising' LOL

You're missing out it's a very lazy holiday yet plenty for those who want to be more active.

Every night is party night and the ports of call have a lot to offer.

Unless of course you're prone to persistent sea sickness...................

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 24 of 44

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Cruising is a great holiday. ...It was a favourite of ours when my wife was alive. Wake up to a different country every day. Been all over Europe, southern USA,  Bahamas....try it @Cleoriff, switch your phone off until you hit port, relax and eat like a king! I can't go alone these days so if you are up for it.....:smileywink:

Message 25 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Never appealed to me at all.....All that eating....Confused

Oh and then get off and rush round somewhere to see the sights in a few hours...nah...Horrified

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 44

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Great memories that last a lifetime.

@jonsie remember you're bought and paid for now! LOL

Message 27 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's one of my dreams....exactly for the reasons you mention @jonsie... lots of different countries, amazing new food and relax ,with no phones,tv,etc ....just me and the ocean....ahhhhhhhhh....

Off topic now!?

Message 28 of 44

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Great memories that last a lifetime.

@jonsie remember you're bought and paid for now! LOL

Time limited off....

Message 29 of 44

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's one of my dreams....exactly for the reasons you mention @jonsie... lots of different countries, amazing new food and relax ,with no phones,tv,etc ....just me and the ocean....ahhhhhhhhh....

Off topic now!?

Go for it @Anonymous prices are low at the moment. Get yourself and whoever a balcony and sit out all day looking for dolphins, whales or just relax reading.

Message 30 of 44