cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Charges from Bermuda

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a short break with the wife.  We went on a Dutch dash sailing from Hull to Europoort on Wed night. A day in Rotterdam visiting Keukenhof Gardens and sailed back on Thurs night from Europoort lading in Hull on Friday morning.  I have now data charges on my account from Bermuda!!! WTF.  I live on the UK east coast just outside Hull and struggle getting a connection on land, but in the middle of the North sea I gat a connection from Bermuda!!!!  I think O2 is seriously taking the p*ss

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

You know how it is...It's there, so they have covered their backs...

It's the world we live in...It's all on the small print....Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Read it or not at your own risk

Message 12 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just found this might help explain thanks to @Anonymous as she created a great guide

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Europe-Roaming-and-O2-Travel-mini-Guide/td-p/838651/highlight/true
Message 13 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone is aware these days that if you consume mobile data while not on your home network there is the potential for huge charges and bills - it does surprise me that people still are not thinking more about this.

Message 15 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data roaming turned on or not, nothing updated on my phone until i reached land.  The ship sold internet £3 for 90 mins so rightly or wrongly I assumed that was the only data connection on the ship.

Phill

Message 16 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume then thst you didn't turn off mobile data then or it connected to wifi on the ship
Message 17 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

The ship sails across the north sea which is in Europe, therefore shouldn't european call charges be accountable!!!

Message 18 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't connect to the ships internet
Message 19 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The ship sails across the north sea which is in Europe, therefore shouldn't european call charges be accountable!!!

Ask the ship but they will all tell you the same thing which is that they are based in far off places like you have found out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 44