cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Charges - Paymonthyl

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I have 1 GB data allowance in my plan.  It is shown as a 1GB UK Data Bolt-on. I may go a little over the limit. Will I be charged ? If yes, what's the rate ?

My O2 app says, my speed will be reduced after I use up all the data.  I am on £26 plan with unlimited minutes n text with 1 GB data.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You won't be charged, your data service will be slowed down rendering it almost unusable but no extra charge unless you purchase an additional data bolt on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You won't be charged, your data service will be slowed down rendering it almost unusable but no extra charge unless you purchase an additional data bolt on.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will will be my speed ? any idea ?

Message 3 of 14

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

"crazy slow"

Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As I say, almost unusable, It would be quicker to post a letter than send an email. Wifi would still be ok though. Also be aware that should you buy an additional data bundle to get you to the end of the month, any data that you have used over your normal 1GB allowance would automatically be deducted from the data bundle.

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

As I say, almost unusable, It would be quicker to post a letter than send an email. Wifi would still be ok though. Also be aware that should you buy an additional data bundle to get you to the end of the month, any data that you have used over your normal 1GB allowance would automatically be deducted from the data bundle.

Which, to me seems a tad naughty!

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
"any data that you have used over your normal 1GB allowance would automatically be deducted from the data bundle."

Did you mean that the extra used will be deducted from my next month's alowance ?
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
"any data that you have used over your normal 1GB allowance would automatically be deducted from the data bundle."

Did you mean that the extra used will be deducted from my next month's alowance ?

You have a 1GB data allowance. If you use 1.2 GB, O2 would have slowed your speed from 1GB onwards.

You have used 200MB over your allowance. If you purchased another 500MB as a one-off bolt on you would only have 300MB remaining to use.

Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions