cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2GB of data on my contract but i see a bolt on for 4GB is that added to the 2GB to give me 6 GB or is it to replace the 2gb

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
A bolt on kicks in when your normal data monthly amount is used up.

If your close to your anniversary date don't add a bolt on because you'll lose any unused data in that bolt on when your tariff refreshes.

Bolt ons like your normal tariff allowances do not roll over at the end of the month.

Also if your on a monthly contract and gone over your data you won't be charged any costs but instead be throttled to very slow Internet speeds.

If you at that point add a bolt in and data you've already gone over your normal data amount will be deducted from the bolt on you have just purchased.

So if you've used your 2GB normal allowance and you add a bolt on for 4GB then you'll get that amount minus any data you've already used over the 2GB contract data allowance.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
A bolt on kicks in when your normal data monthly amount is used up.

If your close to your anniversary date don't add a bolt on because you'll lose any unused data in that bolt on when your tariff refreshes.

Bolt ons like your normal tariff allowances do not roll over at the end of the month.

Also if your on a monthly contract and gone over your data you won't be charged any costs but instead be throttled to very slow Internet speeds.

If you at that point add a bolt in and data you've already gone over your normal data amount will be deducted from the bolt on you have just purchased.

So if you've used your 2GB normal allowance and you add a bolt on for 4GB then you'll get that amount minus any data you've already used over the 2GB contract data allowance.
Message 2 of 2