Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Data Bolt on - Simplicity 10 12 Months

My tariff is Online Simplicity 10 12 Months which includes 300 minutes and unlimited texts. This tariff also has an inclusive bolt on which is unlimited O2 to O2 calls.
I want to swap my old Samsung D500 to a Sony Ericsson X10 mini. Due to the fact this phone is 3G and uses a lot of web enabled apps I wanted to add a data bolt on to my account.
After signing into MyO2, the extra paid for bolt on list was showing a 500 MB UK Data for Smartphone bolt on for £5 per month which I decided to add to my account.
When I tried to proceed I got a message saying that adding this bolt on would automatically remove unlimited O2 to O2 calls and Web Daily from my account!
I did not want this to happen so I cancelled the process.
Looking at the terms of my tariff it says I can add as many 'paid for' bolt on's as I like to my account.
Can anybody throw any light on this? Is this correct? Are the terms of my tariff wrong and you cannot add a bolt on to your Simplicity tariff?
Any advice would be appreciated. I have emailed O2 but have not had any response!!??
Many thanks.
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,223

Re: Data Bolt on - Simplicity 10 12 Months

I had the same problem back in January. I wrote to customer care and was told that I could swap the data bolt on through my O2 myself and that the changeover would take place on my next billing date.
Couple of days before my billing date, I received another email confirming the data would start on the 5th Feb but which also added that they would not be taking the O2-O2 off.
Sure enough, since that date I have both the data bolt on and the O2-O2 calls. Result!
Anonymous

Many thanks for the reply.
I will try and go through customer services and not MyO2 and see if I have any more luck.
Cheers.
Anonymous

** UPDATE **
Just a quick update, got in touch with O2 customer services and spoke to a really helpful guy called Gareth.
In less than 5 minutes he had added the data bolt on and I kept my texts, minutes and O2 to O2 calls.
Checked MyO2 the next day and it was all up and running!
Well done Gareth and well done O2!
Thanks for the advice stevyjones.
Highlighted
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,223